Monday, July 21, 2014

Mary Kay & Ice Cream Treats

Act of Kindness #46 - I am fortunate to have had a few people help me with my Acts of Kindness, or at least give me ideas to be able to complete them. I am friends with Jamie, who sells Mary Kay products, and she sent me an email to let me know that she was trying to help out a friend of hers that has cancer and had fallen on hard times financially. She was going to be giving all proceeds from what she sold from Mary Kay to her friend. I had never bought anything from them or even used their products, but I have heard nothing but good things about it...so I figured "why not?!". I can help someone out while also trying something different. Win Win all the way around!

Thank you Jamie for thinking of me, sending me the email, the extra little goodies, meeting up with me and the Thank You note!!! I hope you were able to make his day :)

Act of Kindness #47 - Jeff and I went took a camping trip to the Hiawassee River with some family last weekend. It was an awesome place! The sites were so clean and ours backed up right to the river, they had a nice pool and clean bathroom/shower facilities. We loved their office too! They had everything for sale that you would possibly need for camping and might have forgotten to bring. They also sold Mayfield ice cream cones and we took full advantage of that on Saturday night! Apparently so did half of the other campers that were staying there. While we were waiting for the lady to put our cones together, a little boy and girl came in and asked for 3 cones. She made ours, made theirs and then hurried to ring us up so she could get back to everyone else that was waiting. I went ahead and paid for the kids 3 cones too. One, because they were so cute as they were patiently waiting with their half melting ice cream. Two, the poor lady doling out the ice cream seemed to be getting frazzled with the amount of customers she was having to take care of by herself and I figured I would make it easier on her! The kids told us thank you and must have told their parents when they got back because they all waived to us when we drove by. Who doesn't love ice cream on a summer afternoon?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment